Young Families

Countryside Public Health wants to assure that you have information about resources and education that are available in the community.

  • WIC (Women, Infants, and Children):  WIC provides nutritional information, breastfeeding support and vouchers for healthy food to eligible families.  If you have any questions about the income guidelines or would like to apply over the phone, please contact your Countryside Public Health office in your county listed below.
  • Minnesota Health Care Program for families:  If found eligible, Medical Assistance (MA) or Minnesota Care will cover healthcare costs.  Go to to apply for healthcare or go to your county Family Services for an application.
  • Breastfeeding support:  Breastfeeding is the best, most nurturing way of feeding your new baby.  There are lactation educators in each Countryside Public Health office listed below if you would like more information.  Helpful websites include:,,, (La Leche League International) and
  • Follow Along Program:  Babies and young children grow and learn at their own rate.  Let the Follow Along Program help you know if your child is playing, talking, growing, moving, and acting like other children.  If you would like to enroll in this free program or have questions, please contact your Countryside Public Health office in your county listed below or go online to enroll at
  • Environmental Health:  Countryside Public Health offers DHIA water test kits and radon test kits.  For additional information call (844)630-9933 for more information.  Testing kits are located at all of our office locations.
  • Immunizations:   Immunizations protect babies against infectious disease that can cause serious health problems and may even be life threatening.  They begin at birth and are needed throughout life.   Infant immunizations are usually given during well child check-ups at your medical clinic.  If you have questions about immunizations or getting your children immunized, contact your Countryside Public Health office.

Please feel free to contact your Countryside Public Health office in your county if you have any questions or would like more information.

Other Links: